Drinking coffee is pleasurable and something we enjoy doing to make ourselves feel better. However, coffee has other benefits that have been proven over the years.
- COFFEE IS A MEMORY ENHANCER: By incorporating 3-5 cups of coffee in your daily diet, not only will it sharpen your memory, but it can also decrease your chances of developing Alzheimer’s disease and dementia later in life by 65%. (According to an article in the NCBI.)
- COFFEE IS GOOD FOR YOUR HEART: Coffee is full of heart healthy antioxidants and lowers the risk of coronary heart disease in women.
- DRINK COFFEE BE HAPPY: Coffee consumption is known to boost mood and decrease the risk of depression by reducing the inflammation of nerve cells that takes place in the brains of people that are depressed.
- LET COFFEE DO A LITTLE EXTRA WORK: You can burn around 100 extra calories a day by drinking coffee. Bonus points- drink coffee before you work out and burn more fat free fatty acids.
- DRINK COFFEE AND LIVE LONGER: In moderation, coffee consumption is linked to a longer lifespan. Coffee drinks are also associated with 12%-16% decline in risk of death.
- DRINK COFFEE GET FOCUSED: There are several cognitive benefits to drinking coffee which can boost focus productivity and intelligence with problem solving and decision making.
In conclusion, stop by your favorite local coffee shop (hopefully Jitters, wink, wink) and grab your favorite cup of coffee.